In keeping with the general philosophy and objective, the DeWitt School District shall endeavor to offer its students a comprehensive program of studies in attempting to meet the needs of all students. Evaluation is continuous; therefore, revisions are made as needed.
Please return for a complete course listing for the 2009-10 school year.
Goals and Objectives for Students
The staff and faculty of the district will insure that all students enrolled in the schools have the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential in all areas. Specifically, each student will be encouraged:
- To achieve a feeling of self-worth.
- To accept the worth and dignity of all people.
- To be creative in the student's selected field of endeavor.
- To develop a positive attitude towards the rights and privileges of participating citizenship and an understanding of the responsibilities involved.
- To grow as a responsible member of the family and to recognize the family as the basic social unit.
- To attain and preserve good physical and mental health.
- To plan for and appreciate the wise use of leisure time.
- To develop and maintain a positive attitude toward the learning process.
- To develop skills and abilities to communicate ideas and feelings.
- To acquire habits of analytical thinking and problem solving.
- To achieve the fullest potential in the basic academic areas.
- To develop skills necessary to utilize all available educational resources.
- To understand the American economic system and its relationship to a productive life.
- To realize the role of vocations in society and to understand the changing opportunities open to the student.